KTH Royal Institute of Technology, School of Electrical Engineering
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as in architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
Project descriptionWe invite applications for PhD positions with the Networked Systems Security (NSS) at EE/NSE. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to pursue a PhD in security and privacy. The position involves activities leading to original research and results in peer-reviewed publications. The research topics can relate with any of the areas the NSS group works on. The NSS group designs and builds trustworthy networked systems. Our research agenda covers a gamut of security and privacy problems; a number of our results got significant attention by the research community. Our teaching efforts lead to a new security curriculum we introduced at KTH. Candidates with experimental/systems or theoretical profiles and research interests in any aspect of security and privacy are welcome to apply.
QualificationsApplicants must hold or be about to receive an MSc degree in computer science, electrical engineering, computer engineering, information and communication technologies, or a related area. Furthermore, the applicant must have:
- Strong academic credentials, written and spoken English proficiency, communication and team-work skills.
- Interest in several of the following: design, analysis, verification, implementation, or empirical evaluation of secure networked systems.
- Background in several of the following: computer security, mobile computing, networking, Internet security, wireless communications, distributed algorithms and systems, programming languages, performance analysis, operating systems, simulation techniques and tools, software engineering, system and network programming, applied cryptography, privacy preserving or enhancing technologies, optimization, information theory.
- Preparation and readiness to contribute to our research agenda and to work in an internationally oriented group.
Trade union representativesYou will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH:s webbpage.
ApplicationLog into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad. Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application. Early applications are strongly recommended. An application, written in English, at least in 10pt font, should include:
- Cover letter: One-page summary of your application.
- Curriculum vitae: A document on all your relevant academic, professional, and other achievements, experience, and knowledge. Maximum four (4) pages.
- Transcripts and degrees: Official documents from your previously attended University-level institutions, with certified translations in English (unless provided so by the issuing institution).
- Recommendation letters: Please include detailed contact information for at least two (2) references and attach recommendation letters to your application.
- Statement of purpose: Please discuss: your motivation and research interests, your preparation (studies, technical knowledge, research, experience, etc.) towards a PhD in our group, and your future goals. Maximum two (2) pages.
- Representative publications/technical reports: Up to two (2) documents, up to twelve (12) pages each. For longer documents (e.g., theses), please provide an abstract and a web link to the full text.
OthersThe employment is time limited following the regulations for Ph.D. employment in the Higher Education Ordinance (~ 5 years when 80% PhD studies and 20% department service including teaching). We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons. Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
|Type of employment||Temporary position longer than 6 months|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||According to agreement, preferably as soon as possible|
|Salary||Monthly salary according to KTH's Ph.D. student salary agreement|
|Number of positions||2|
|Working hours||100 %|
|Last application date||30.Nov.2017 11:59 PM CET|